Recruit with Assurance
As compliance and privacy requirements continue to expand and evolve globally, HiringSolved provides the ideal platform to enable the benefits of technological innovation in a secure, transparent, and compliant way. HiringSolved is GDPR, CCPA and OFCCP compliant. We provide compliance features and support for all platform customers.
Compliance is core to our Product Development, Legal, Customer Support and Information Security practices. We take a holistic approach to understanding the latest Privacy legal requirements around the globe, develop policies in alignment with these requirements, develop our product with the end user in mind to facilitate both user adoption and compliance, and secure personal data.
OFCCP and CCPA Compliance
Current US Federal hiring compliance is governed primarily by Executive Order 11246, the cornerstone of federal affirmative action regulations and enforced by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP). Executive Order 11246 prohibits hiring practices that discriminates on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Additionally, there are Code of Federal Regulations falling under 11246 that bar discrimination of hiring based on a candidate’s veteran or disability status. HiringSolved complies with OFCCP requirements and promotes diversity hiring through these capabilities:
- Allow companies to track search criteria for “Internet candidates”
- Insight into how candidates are automatically rated through Transparent Scoring
- Record keeping for criteria selection that feeds automated candidate ratings
- Diversity boost for gender, people of color, and veterans
- Retention of audit records for 3 years
At the state level, California, Nevada and Maine currently have privacy regulations that protect the rights of candidates’ data. Of the three states, California (CCPA) has the most publicized and comprehensive regulations. With CCPA and other US state regulations, HiringSolved will align with each customer’s policies to support candidates’ rights to access, edit and remove their data. As required by CCPA, HiringSolved also provides residents both an email and a 1-800 number method to contact us about their data.
General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR)
HiringSolved is compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation for the collection, processing and use of data subjects’ personal data. Our GDPR compliance is built on the six core GDPR principles:
- Lawful basis for the processing of personal data with the preservation of individual privacy rights (right for individuals to see, edit and request removal of their data)
- Limited use of personal data for recruiting activities only
- Collection of only required data for the purpose of recruiting
- Continuous updates to data to ensure synchronization and accuracy with customer talent repositories
- Storage of data to coincide with customers’ data retention policy
- Security of data to protect the integrity and confidentiality of personal data in SOC 2 certified hosting environments.
For more information on GDPR, see https://hiringsolved.com/gdpr.
Data Privacy and Information Security
HiringSolved is Privacy Shield certified. In accordance with Privacy Shield principles, EU, Swiss and UK data subjects data are not moved to any other country other than the US. HiringSolved does not employ individuals, whether through direct employment or subcontractors, that are non US based.
- HiringSolved is SOC 2, Type 1 certified (certificate available on request)
- HiringSolved’s hosting environments are ISO27001 certified (certificate available on request)
- HiringSolved utilizes strong encryption in transit and at rest
- HiringSolved utilizes multiple cloud providers as well as our own data centers to ensure the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of customer data
- HiringSolved continuously monitors the availability, integrity and confidentiality of all production systems
- HiringSolved continuously monitors available global vulnerability alerts
Robust Logging and Audit Capabilities
The HiringSolved platform includes robust logging capabilities and audit functions. All user actions are logged for a period of 1 year. Detailed Audit Logging includes precise visibility into user actions including search terms, query response details, applicant related actions, step and status actions, notes, manual editing of automated scoring criteria, manual user based scoring, and accept/reject inputs on all primary candidate-data features including search, jobs, and projects.
Bias Detection and Prevention
Bias detection and prevention is relevant to many areas of compliance, including but not limited to EEOC, OFCCP, and GDPR. The HiringSolved platform provides tools to detect human bias by visualizing changes in diversity based on human inputs. The platform works to detect bias by measuring and displaying diversity statistics at all stages of the hiring process. Also, the platform provides diversity statistics in real-time, allowing the user to understand how their actions are affecting various aspects of diversity.
The HiringSolved platform removes bias in Automated Decision Making systems by identifying and removing demographic data such as age, race, ethnicity and gender related data, which is required to be collected in applicant data by some regulations. Removal of this type of data prevents it from being used algorithmically, in any way. Additionally, the platform can also remove tangential data such as name, location and education details which may lead to bias.
Ongoing Monitoring of Compliance Regulations
HiringSolved understands that Privacy Regulations have gotten more pervasive and complex globally. To stay on top of these changes, HiringSolved uses a UK based data privacy officer (DPO) and works with the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) to track regulatory changes as well as case laws that can have an effect on local privacy policies and procedures.