Effective Date: November 5, 2018
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information that we receive or handle on behalf of our subscribers in our role as a service provider, such as information that we receive through Hiringsolved's AI-based advanced search tools, social based data sources, including any apps we make available for use by service subscribers through our Subscription Services. While we have outlined the collection and use of such data below, such information is governed by the terms of the applicable subscription services agreement, rather than this Privacy Notice.
What Information We Collect
We collect a variety of types of information. Examples include:
- Personal Data , such as your name, title, company name, job function, expertise, address, work phone number, personal phone number, work email address, personal email address, browser and device information (including IP Address), and information collected through cookies and other similar technologies. If you submit any Personal Data relating to other people to us or to our service providers in connection with the Sites, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- Other Information is any information that does not and cannot be used to reveal your identity or that of another individual, such as information which has been fully and permanently anonymized and aggregated. We use this information to facilitate our operation of the Sites and for other purposes described below.
How We Collect Information
We collect Personal Information on our website, from you and from third party services in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Sites : We collect information through the Sites, e.g., when you request a free trial or demo, register for a webinar, contact us, subscribe to our email newsletter, download content (e.g. whitepapers), or register to use our Sites.
- Offline: We collect information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact a HiringSolved representative or our partner organizations.
- Information From Other Sources : In order to enhance our ability to provide our Services, we obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases or websites, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
- Through Your Browser or Device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the Apps) you are using. Your "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that you visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services.
- Through Your Use of the Apps: When you use an App, we and our service providers track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers, the types of searches that you performed, and what information and data have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Through Cookies and Other Similar Technologies: "Cookies" include commonly used pieces of information in the form of small files that are placed on an individual's device to enable the individual to more easily communicate and interact with the Sites. When you visit our Sites, we may send one or more cookies to your device. They enable us to store information about your device which helps us, amongst other things, to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Sites and enhance the level of services and functions provided. We also use third parties to serve advertisements on other websites that may be of interest to you, based on information collected about your use of our Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie or similar on your browser.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect about you to help with our Sales and Marketing efforts, to troubleshoot issues, to provide technical support to you, to send you information about our products and services, personalize your experience, or in some cases present your data provided to us from our Services Subscribers back to the Services Subscribers. Here are more details on our use of your data.
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you requested materials and newsletters, as well as information and materials regarding our products and services. As an example, if you reach out to us through our "Drop us a line" form, we will use your information to respond to the request
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Sites and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To send you marketing communications, including via email and SMS in compliance with applicable laws and in accordance with your preferences, that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Sites and services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To provide our Services to our Subscribers who in the process can provide your information to us. We present your data, along with other data back to our Subscribers through our enhanced search functionality.
How We Share Information
In general, we do not share personal information about you with third parties for third party marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates in working with us to provide Services to either you or our Subscribers may receive access to your data for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. In these situations, HiringSolved is the party responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal data.
- Parties to business transactions such as those we deal with in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, investment funding or other types of business transactions. In these types of transactions, personal information may be shared, sold, or transferred, and it may be used subsequently by a third party;
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the "How We Use Information" Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests; and
- Customer Sourced Personal Data may be shared between our Services Subscribers with us. HiringSolved integrates data from our Subscribers' systems, and presents candidates data back to our users at Subscriber organizations as candidates matched to jobs, or other similar candidates. The data that we present back are usually data that you have agreed to share with our subscriber organizations. Please consult our subscriber organizations' privacy policies for more details about how they collect, use, and share their privacy data.
How We Secure Personal Data
HiringSolved has implemented appropriate physical, technical and administrative measures (such as encryption and access controls) to protect Personal Data within our organization. These measures are designed to protect all Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Information. We safeguard information according to established security standards, and periodically assess our methods of protecting information.
If you should become aware of any known or suspected incidents of unauthorized access to, use of our disclosure of any personal information, you should report them immediately to the following email address: email@example.com. We will investigate all reported incidents.
Access, Correction, Update, Limit Use or Deletion of My Personal Information
If you would like to access, correct, amend, remove or limit the use or disclosure of any Personal Data about you that has been collected and stored by HiringSolved, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may consider and respond to your request in accordance with applicable law.
For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Please note that we need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such access, change or deletion.
Minors' Use of HiringSolved Sites
Children under the age of 16 should not use any of the Sites provided by HiringSolved as these Sites are not intended for minors under the age of 16. HiringSolved does not knowingly or specifically collect information about minors under the age of 16 and we discourage children under the age of 16 from using our Sites. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected such information, please notify us at email@example.com so that we can delete the information from our servers.
International Transfer of Data
For Users visiting the HiringSolved Sites from the European Economic Area ("EEEA") or other non-U.S. territories, or if you are working with a Services Subscriber from one of these areas who are sharing their data with us for an enhanced search experience, your Personal Data will be transferred outside the EEA or such other non-U.S. territory for use by HiringSolved, its affiliates or Services Subscriber for any of the purposes described herein. In addition, because HiringSolved operates globally, we may make information we gather available to worldwide partners, business units and affiliates. By providing your data to any of HiringSolved's Sites, or to a Services Subscriber, you hereby expressly consent to such transfers of your data to the United States or other countries.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
For the purposes of enforcing compliance with the Privacy Shield, we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
If we have received your Personal Data in the U.S. and subsequently transfer it to a third party agent or service provider for processing, and such third party agent or service provider processes your Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, we remain responsible under the Privacy Shield unless we can prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
An individual has the possibility, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration for complaints regarding Privacy Shield compliance not resolved by any of the other Privacy Shield mechanisms. Please refer to Privacy Shield Annex I for additional information: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction
Privacy Notice in the Event of a Merger or a Sale
In the event that all or substantially all of HiringSolved's assets are acquired by or merged with a third–party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users to the merger or sale entity as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
Questions, Concerns or Complaints
Your privacy is important to us. In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, HiringSolved commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact HiringSolved's Data Privacy Officer at:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
by mail at: 250 S Arizona Avenue #6, Chandler, AZ 85225, ATTN: Privacy Officer.
HiringSolved has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. We can refer unresolved Privacy Shield complaints to the American Arbitration Association's International Centre for Dispute Resolution, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please visit http://go.adr.org/privacyshieldfiling.html for more information or to file a complaint.
You may have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
Changes to this Privacy Notice
HiringSolved may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time. The "Effective Date" at the top of this Privacy Notice indicates when this Privacy Notice was last revised. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Notice on the Sites.